Tuesday, July 4, 2017

TONALIST PAINTING Lesson #1, Part 1 - Let's look at a Tonalist Painting in Terms of Composition

Before I have you try making a Tonalist painting,
 I would like to help you learn 
how to analyze the composition in a Tonalist painting.




This seems like a simple painting in its elegance....but is it?

When I perused this composition I began seeing a pattern.


If you answer all questions you can earn 12 points or chances to win.

To answer the questions you will need to access a computer.




Artist Teri Canelle Eramo


Next Lesson


TONALIST PAINTING Lesson #1, Part 2 - Let's look at a Tonalist Painting in Terms of Composition


1 comment:

  1. Hi all, I hope you enjoyed this quiz meant to help you observe the structure of this painting. The artist used the tree forms as motifs to create balance in this painting.

    ReplyDelete

Feel welcome to place your message here.