Friday, December 8, 2017

How to make a House Portrait Painting: Part 1 Solving the Problem of Poor Photo Resources

  Watch the Video Presentation Below

Part 1 Solving the Problem of Poor Photo Resources

Accomplished but still Learning

Even though I am a trained artist who paints, works in glass and other media, I have a lot of fun learning ahead  of me in making instructional videos! 

The purpose of this video presentation was
 to show you  how to solve the problems arising from poor photo resources   

Yes,  I know how to paint and though I have professional degree training which resulted in a bonified  BFA, I feel I really did not learn the creative process of painting and playing with media until I kept applying what I thought I learned and practiced repeated failures and then I finally began teaching myself through self-analysis and and exposure to a wide and varied number of other artists and tradesmen.  I observed their tenacity.  Their joy and love of creation.  Their optimism.  So even though I can now execute a  painting project with some measure of facility, every time I begin a new venture, whether it was with fused glass or pottery, I am prepared for another adventure filled with instructive "failures."  So it is with recording live video presentations, I make silly mistakes and do funny things. This video has an assortment.

Video Faux Paw

The video was fun to make in spite of of the fact that I keep squinting to see the computer screen tabs and that a section where I was showing you images in Photoshop the app would not record. ( I now know I cant use the Photoshop app in a demo.)

The Purpose:

How to make a House Portrait Painting from Poor Photos

However you still can get the jest of the process I am going through in preparing to make this painting from a series of poor photos.  Also I have a bit at the end about my teaching schedule coming up in 2018. 

 I appreciate your patience.  But as I say to you we will never learn unless we are willing to fail and make mistakes and then move on.

This is the spot to find the class info
Descriptions

Register and Pay



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel welcome to place your message here.